New international business associate
Psykologkonsult ApS has entered a collaboration with the highly respected Consultancy Company Arcuba
Arcuba AG. is a Swizz ”Search and Selection” firm engaged in headhunting, spouse-programmes for expatriates, assessment, interim management, on boarding programmes, leadership training, career planning and new-placement. Per Hulstrøm will be associated as business partner and supervisor of the psychology function formally located at the office in Basel when needed. In addition, Arcuba gets its own representation in Scandinavia with a Branch hosted at Psykologkonsult ApS I Lyngby, in Copenhagen Area.
Furthermore, this co-operation affiliates Per Hulstrøm to the Impact Group which is Arcuba’s global business associate engaged for instance in coaching in the US.
Course in change-communication with patients
Nicolai Damgaard Mørch (medical doctor of psychiatry and teacher on numerous medical courses) and doctor of psychology Per Hulstrøm have together composed a competence course for doctors concerning patient communication. This residential course will take place in a foreign country. More about this in the next newsletter.
New course for managers and groups
Together with the experienced management consultant Birgitte Haahr, Per Hulstrøm now offers a new course for managers and their groups. The goal is to get the group to perform as optimal as possible and identify and prevent pitfalls that might stand in the way of the overall group progress. The group and the manager learn about the functioning of the group, the forces and the weaknesses, the open and the hidden psychological plays and the neuroaffective processes behind. The course will be a two-days-residential course and take place at ”Liselund Kursus- og Mødested” situated in Slagelse. Alternatively, the course can take place within the organisation.
3.P Navigation is a tool for intern dealing with stress, failure to thrive, and inexpedient communication in corporate life
The unique element of the tool is that stress experienced by the individual employee is perceived as a symptom of underlying relations in the corporation. The assumption is that it’s a waste of resources if we just pull out the employee suffering from stress from the process for a period of time, just to place him back into the ”circulation” after treatment. When an employee is sick with stress it’s a problem for the organisation as well as the individual . That is why it’s important that the whole organisation and the local department take a thorough look at the flow between the product and the goal, the procedures, and not least the connection to the concrete work processes. The corporate management, the organisation as a whole as well as the employees are all equally losers and later on hopefully the winners when the underlying structures are optimized.
Vivi Bach and Per Hulstrøm have written an article about this topic. The article is on the top 10 list of most read articles of ”Ledelse i dag” and has recently been translated into Norwegian. Furthermore, Vivi and Per have made a development tool from which they offer goal orientented courses.
”Arbejdsmiljø København” has shown a great interest in the concept, and they are right now launching a big stress/well being-project for all the City´s workplaces in Copenhagen. The 3. P Navigation are now one of the offered tools.
Executive coaching offers the individual manager/leader or specialist a unique forum for professional discussions with a business psychologist specialized in working- and organizational psychology.
Regularly we set up meetings in our wonderful canteen. We offer brief presentations of app. 20 minutes duration about the following topics:
- The importance of nonspecific factors for effective communication: How do you create the best possible contact with your employees without necessarily communicating a specific verbal message? (Meta-communication and management, intersubjectivity, the importance of nonspecific factors for example the qualities of silence). Very concrete psychological tools.
- How do you as a manager communicate the best with and in groups: Group dynamics. What happens when several people are together communicating, – how does it affect the employees and how does it affect you. How does it affect the well being of the group when the employees are aware of what generally happens on the deeper psychological level in connection with group dynamics.
- Feedback and evaluation as development tools in everyday life. Handling of stress in an organizational perspective through effective feedback, Delphi and Swot-feedback, nonverbal feedback, the case method including the listening method.
- More effective meetings. Let the employees feel heard and seen through the use of organizational metaphors. (Meeting techniques, tools for understanding and communicating organizational challenges through the use of 3P, cases, the sandwich model etc.)
- Incivility and bullying in the workplace. What is it, how does it develop, and what can you as the manager do if you or an employee is being bullied. Direct and indirect bullying. Prey bullying or conflict bullying. Bullying and stress are connected in high performance environments.
- Understand changes and become more effective – with “the pack animal at work”. How do you avoid that the changing process will impair the efficiency? Get the basic knowledge about the human nature based on the newest brain research so you can lead your employees and management teams more constructively and effectively through changing processes.
Waiting time in the private consultancy area
Because of insufficient funding from the Regionals there will be a 3 month waiting time for referred clients with light to moderate anxiety and depression. Other categories will get an appointment within 8 weeks. Please look at the current waiting time at sundhed.dk and psykologeridanmark.dk. Self-paying clients will typically get an appointment within 3 to 4 weeks.
Every Monday and Wednesday. The groups consist of six to eight members. The group therapy take place on a group analytic basis by psychologist Per Hulstrøm (educated group analytical psychotherapist within the institute of group analysis in Copenhagen). If interested please contact Per Hulstrøm.
Our permanent business associates
Psykologkonsult ApS is strategic business partners with Arcuba AG and IMPACT International. Futhermore, Per Hulstrøm is ad hoc business partner with Falck Health Care on the organizational psychological area. This cooperation means that Per Hulstrøm occasionally engages in specific tasks for example implementation of social capital and feedback on Executive Level. Other permanent business associates are Region Hovedstaden, ATP, the Hospital of Northers Zealand, Det Grønlandske Hus, the MEP Group and Assist America/Claim Help. (psychological treatment of Americans posted in Denmark.