Do you recognize the following
- Yet another of your employees reports himself sick with stress and you can’t help but think to yourself: Something must be wrong with the way I manage?
- Communication problems in your department start influencing the productivity of the rest of the department and even more employees report themselves sick with stress. You have tried different approaches to the problem, such as coaching and distinct mediation, but it does not seem to have any effect.
- One simple change in your key task(s) seem to create an opposition that you haven’t imagined it would.
Why do these kinds of problems arise?
In fact, it is rather simple: problems due to stress and job dissatisfaction tend to show on the surface. But actually, the roots of such problems are to be found elsewhere. It can easily concern vague agreements about cooperation or different understandings of what the key task essentially is.
Process – Procedure – Product
What is 3P Navigation?
P Navigation is an organizational stress model that incorporates the business (in other words: the key task) and the organizational settings of cooperation. All this in order to understand problems caused by stress and job dissatisfaction.
- Product: Determines the degree of consensus about the product, in other words: what are we expected to deliver (the main task) according to the employees as well as the managers. Startling frequently we experience diverging opinions on this level.
- Process: Analyses the understanding of cooperation from respectively the employees’ and the managers’ points of view. Often we meet uncertainty about what’s being expected and how to deal with assignments. This uncertainty may develop into diminished communication, competitive aggressive behaviour, physical symptoms like lack of sleep, palpitation etc.
- Procedure: Exposes the formal (and informal) settings of the cooperation. An example could be a firm that offers a bonus to the best-selling employees, but at the same time has chosen to arrange the employees in self-guiding teams. On the one hand individual performances are being rewarded through a bonus, but on the other hand the employees depend on helping each other and they optimize together as a unit.
The main point is to understand the stress symptoms because the causes of the problems very well could be found in the product- or procedure dimensions.
As opposed to many of the other stress tools on the market 3P Navigation will help you as a manager to create an overview of the situation and make you capable of implementing a change with actual effect.
Managers on all levels in organizations.
Knowledge about 3P Navigation (examples)
- Lectures about the psychology behind stress and 3P Navigation: for example in connection with a closing-time-meeting. You will gain insight into the classical pitfalls and knowledge about how the psychology behind the stress related problems work. You will also get specific advice on how to effectively handle these kinds of problems in the future.
- Half-day-seminar: Form: A focused 4-hours course. Focus: The basic principles of the use of the 3P Navigation and the psychology behind. Effect: You will learn how to use the 3P-model as a tool for analysing. Method: Personal case is to be brought along and will be used on the day of the seminar in order to secure relevant utilization of tool in own practice.
- Two-day-seminar: Form: A 2-day expanded course. Focus: The basic principles of the use of the 3P Navigation and the psychology behind, all done in extended details. The use of the tool on both personal, departmental and organizational level will be displayed. Method: Personal cases with follow-ups and feedback from managerial colleagues as well as teachers. In addition, every manager will receive two individual coaching sessions with focus on specific problem areas and adjusted 3P strategies to secure the use and effect of the tool.